The customer is 3rd largest & oldest flag carrier airline with its largest airlines by fleet size, international flights and destinations. Established in 1920, this airline is a global leader for excellence in safety, operational reliability, engineering and maintenance and customer service. It was observed by the airline, that customers and staff, both were facing difficulties in having interactions with each other. With Migration of Customer Port from version 2 to version 3 most of the challenges/issues were resolved and redesigned to improve WCAG 2.0 AAA Accessibility for visually challenged customers.
- Earlier customer portal was not responsive
- Lack of support for dynamic forms on the earlier portal
- Customer Portal was partially inline with WCAG 2.0 AAA Accessibility guidelines as result, all elements were not recognized by JAWS/NVDA.(screen reader for visually impaired software)
- Leverage standard migration tool to migrate to CP3 framework
- CSS and HTML advancements to the custom widgets for aligning to CP3 framework and also to render required pages responsive
- All custom widgets and elements are designed such a way that it can be read by JAWS/NVDA (screen reader for visually impaired software) and specs and accessible from any device
- A dynamic, modern and better experience to end users.
- Easier navigation and access to content – interactive and/or adaptive and responsive design
- Current and future changes in using social media, mobile browser devices, portals
- Visually impaired users were able to access customer portal without any hindrance